Monday, January 26, 2009

Just another ordinary day

January 9th started out like any other normal day.  Get up for work, feed the cats, etc. etc.  I worked from my home office all day on Friday. Jenny got home from work later that day and I was immediately interested in seeing what a MRI of a brain looked like.  The MRI were a series of films containing a series of "slices" thru the X and Y axis of Jenny's brain.  There were also a set of images that were enhanced by a dye that was injected during the last set of films.

Of course, I manage to pull one of the films that was enhanced by dye and I held it up to a light and immediately I realized something was not right.  I said to Jenny, "that blob isn't supposed to be there" and she responded with a wave of the hand, "Oh Kevin, that is just the dye, you're on crack you don't know how to read a MRI.  If it were anything more than that, they would have said something".  So for the moment, my anxiety subsided but I just had a nagging feeling about the images.

So, we decided to go grab some Sushi for dinner for one of our favorite restaurants.  Well, I barely touched my meal and this nagging feeling was continuing to grow about the images that I looked at.  I tried to sleep that night, but I only slept for about an hour.  I just tossed and turned all night long.  I got up early Saturday morning and started to look on the internets looking at MRI images of the brain.  I also read the entry on wikipedia for 'brain tumor' and got even more worried.

I have a few of the images of the tumor in the slideshow.  The tumor is approximately 5cm x 5cm x 4cm.  No wonder Jenny has been having a headache!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment