Saturday, August 22, 2009

Maine










Kevin and I just got back from 6 days in Maine, and what a difference it has made. Yep, this is me on top of one of the 'mountains' in Acadia National Park! We took it pretty easy, but the trip was well worth it - it helped get me out of the monotony and helped me regain confidence. We spent 2 days out of the 6 hiking. I wish it could have been more, but I was exhausted, and it was bloody hot. In the '90's!!

Acadia, and Bar Harbor, ME are beautiful. It would be awesome to be out there one month or so from now when all the leaves are changing.

I'm feeling pretty good right now, but my head is finally healing so I am feeling the screws in my head again. And getting some headaches - especially on the flight back. I'll have more updates this week, but I thought everyone would enjoy this picture!

3 comments:

  1. I've recently started following your story. Am so glad you had this short reprieve. Nature is my favorite form of medicine. And, I hope to visit Acadia some day.

    Best to you with the next steps of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jenny,

    YES, you climbed the Mountain (inspiration) you did it (inspiration) you made it (inspiration) YES (smile) what a fantastic view... breathtaking... beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I've learned on this journey that while I was in no way shape or form ready for this type of trip, I did it! And I've also learned that things can turn on a dime. You never know what's going to happen from one day to the next in the recovery journey.

    ReplyDelete