Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Not So Smooth Sailing

Haven't posted much here lately because it hasn't been such a smooth ride lately. Emotionally and physically it's been an extremely difficult and challenging period of recovery from this atypical meningioma. I have added a new drug to the mix - Lyrica - to help deal with the tingling on my entire left side and the pain on the left side of my skull. The good news is that it's helped, at least with the tingling. The bad news is that it makes me very tired and I look like I am a total drunk, at least on the higher dosage.

I'm going back down to MPRI tomorrow for another MRI and a 4 week follow-up. I will be happy to see all the folks down there, and especially happy to talk with Dr. Thornton about all the crushing, defeating side effects that I'm having.

That's about all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Neal & Linda TaylorAugust 25, 2009 at 4:28 AM

    Jenny you are looking fantastic. The holiday obviously has been good for you. Lots of love. Neal, Linda & Nick

    ReplyDelete