Friday, July 17, 2009

Adjustment

Wow, what a difference a week makes. I can't really follow-up to Kevin's post other than he hit the nail on the head with how great everyone is at the Midwest Proton Radiotherapy Institute. They are amazing, terrific and any other kind word you could say about them. I do get to see them in a month for a follow-up, so I'm not going cold turkey on them!

It's taken me quite a few days to sit down and do an entry because I'm still struggling with restlessness and/or anxiety from the damn Decadron and am very, very, very sensitive to noises. (Which is probably a combo of the Decadron and the complete pummeling I took from the radiation.) But it IS getting much, much better.

I'm still very 'into' cleaning, although I am happy to say that the plants are safe - at least for now. And this should keep getting better as I continue to wean off the Decadron. I told Kevin earlier that I feel like an 80 year old all the time, because 3/4 of my day I spend bitching about how loud one thing or another is. The TV, the cats, the cars idling very quietly outside, the low music playing at the restaurant, the construction trucks about a half mile from our house. You get the picture. I try and venture out at least once a day, but I can't explain it any other way than it is just mentally exhausting. It's really quite funny. Seriously. It IS funny.

One thing that has surprised me is that I am actually seeing some swelling around my forehead. Weird. I guess it's just mirroring what's actually going on in the noggin. But I look slightly Vulcan right now.

So, this weird adjustment period continues. It's almost like I don't know what to do with myself, but there's not a lot that I really CAN do for at least a couple of weeks.

That reminds me, Kevin's t-shirt drawers (yes, there's more than one) are calling my name....

No comments:

Post a Comment