Saturday, July 11, 2009

My thanks

Kevin here! Who knew what a ride we were in for. This incredible journey began on January 16th, 2009 and a major chapter of the book closed on July 10th, 2009. Jenny completed her final treatment at the Midwest Proton Radiotherapy Institute (MPRI) on Friday! Her first treatment was on May 14, 2009. She had a total of 38 fractionated proton beam treatments. Her total dose was 68.40 cge's. While I could not take her down for every treatment, I was there in spirit cheering her on everyday. My mother-in-law, father-in-law, Father, great friends Laura and Paul Avgerinos all helped with the daily transportation. I could not be more thankful for all of the help!

But really, my thanks goes out to all of the wonderful folks at MPRI. In the picture above is a small portion of her treatment team. If I could have taken a picture of everyone I would have but they were helping others in need of their special care! These folks are the true hero's, they make all of the difference in the world. My wife would tell me stories every evening about her team and what was new that day. Her physician at MPRI, Dr. Allan Thornton (in the tie), is a true pioneer and a gifted physician. His research on the use of proton therapy has undoubtably touched countless patients and the impact of his research will live on for generations. But the real hero's are the radiation tech's and the nurses that handle the day to day care at MPRI. They are all saints in my book! They touch the life's of so many each and every day.

So now begins the next phase of this journey, we are not sure what we are going to do with the blog but we have a few ideas! Don't worry, it's not going away! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers throughout this entire ordeal!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment