Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Frustration

I am sick of laying on my left side.  I can't go outside because it's so windy and cold and that makes my sutures hurt.  And I'm still trying to get everything sorted out at MPRI with this latest delay.  At this rate, I'll be lucky to have the proton therapy done by the end of summer.

This latest setback really has me bummed out.  I just wish it was over.  I'm beyond frustrated and I just want my normal life back.  

When I was in the hospital, I did get to reconnect with one of my old nurses, Jason, when I was in the hospital.  He was my first nurse and helped me through that seizure I had in the room late in the day of my first surgery.  This time, when I kept crying to the neuro residents and to Dr. Shapiro about how much pain I was in after the surgery (and I really WAS crying), he was very comforting and patient with me.  He reminded me that having two surgeries so close together is very tough.  Even Dr. Shapiro was trying to comfort me.  

Kevin was his usual awesome self through this latest ordeal.  And Kevin's dad, Eddie, was also awesome.  He came up to help take care of the kitties (and Kevin).  And he was the perfect visitor right after surgery!  

When I was transferred out of the neuro ICU and into the regular ward, I had 3 roomates in a 24 hour period.  One older lady had just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and was going to have surgery on April 27th.  Another just had half her pancreas taken out and was in a lot of pain - and in for a long recovery.  I guess compared to these two, I shouldn't complain...

2 comments:

  1. Jenny-

    Hope you're feeling better. We all sent you some good yoga vibes from class last night...

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! I miss Yoga so much! Hopefully I will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete