Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Seizures again

Okay, I'm proud to report that I'm not bat shit crazy.  I talked with my neurologist just now and he confirmed that he thought I am probably having focal seizures.  He wasn't surprised this happened after the hematoma.  

So, I'm going to be adding in a new medicine and then after I get up to the full dose on that, tapering off of Keppra.  

We chose to do this instead of just increasing the dose of Keppra because of mood issues that can be associated with K.  He asked me if I've had any mood changes or depression.  That's really a trick question for someone who's had brain surgery!!  

I said, "well, yes, I definitely have good days and bad days and I do get blue, but it's hard to know if it's just from everything I've been through these last couple of months or the medicine." In hindsight, my crying outburst in Dr. Shaprio's office could have been a clue!  :-)

So, we both figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to try the new med and see how I do on it.

I just hope that it stops my terrifying dreams where I can't breathe, because it's gotten to the point where I'm afraid of sleeping at night.  Seizures can suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment