Thursday, April 16, 2009

Still Waiting

Met with Dr. Shapiro yesterday for follow up.  He took out my staples.  Told me it wouldn't hurt - and he lied.  Has he ever had a bunch of stitches or staples taken out of his head?!  Yesterday's stitches removal hurt almost as bad as the staples!!  My head is so sensitive!

He took another CT scan yesterday to see what was going on.  Thought I would hear back from his office today, but I haven't yet.  Of course, we got the CT on CD (like that one?!) and we looked at it yesterday.  From our non-professional view, everything looks pretty good.  My brain looks like it has totally expanded back into place.  Amazing!  Now, if I can just figure out why the heartbeat and windstorm in my ear is still raging....

He's thinking that I might have to delay the start of proton treatment and was going to consult with Dr. Johnstone down at MPRI.  I will be bummed if I have to wait even longer.  Ugh.

Good news is that my appetite seems to be returning and the numbness on my left side seems to be subsiding.  But like the weather in Indiana, just wait and it will change...(can you tell these last 3 months have made me a little cynical?)

I took an awesome 2 1/2 hour nap today.  But I did manage to get out in my garden for about a half hour to pull some weeds!  Making progress.

Let's hope I hear back from Dr. Shapiro's office tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment