Monday, June 29, 2009

Open Letter to Decadron Part II

Dear Decadron,

I knew I'd see you again, you hulking steroid, you. After being in tears twice last week at restaurants because the noise was overwhelming, I knew I was in trouble. Then, after being in tears trying to arrange an unexpected MRI (and drivers down to Bloomington) on Thursday, I really knew I was in trouble. It was just too much for me to handle. And those who know me know that definitely NOT how I am.

Then the headaches really kicked in hard. And I broke down and called MPRI. Now that I started taking you yesterday, here I am with headaches that are gone. But replacing them will be bone crushing aches from my back to the bottom of my heal. And night schweats. And then the dreaded decadron withdrawal when this is all said and done.

I was wondering how I was going to make it through the next 8 treatments (I'm thisclose to being done!) without you, but I was going to try. So instead of wanting to take my time closing the deal with the proton beam to help manage my swelling, I'm now anxious, anxious to be done with you and the radiation.

Atypical meningioma - from 6-8 weeks out of work to going on 5 months!

1 comment:

  1. This is very good information.i think it's useful advice. really nice blog. keep it up!!!

    meningioma

    ReplyDelete