Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The healing process

So, it finally and officially feels like my head was in a vice at some point in time over the last couple of weeks.  It's kind of shocked me that up until now, I haven't had too much pain.  But you can definitely tell the front of my forehead is swollen, and I do have the sensation that the right side of my head was torn from my skull and I still can't open my mouth very much because it's too sore.  Sorry for TMI, but it's true!  I just think with all the medications finally wearing off my body is now super sensitive.  And I can't get this damn fog in my head to lift!  It's like I'm in super slow motion...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny. I had the exact same feeling as you. My surgery was 4 weeks ago and it gets better and better every day! The haze will start to lift when you come off the drugs, but initially you might be tired for a while. Apparently this is normal when you come off steroids.
    Happy healing! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing from other patients! Thanks for the note Sarah! I hope that your recovery continues to go extremely well.

    ReplyDelete