Friday, February 6, 2009

Less Than One Week

Just a quick post for tonight.  I'm glad that by this time next week, Tommy will be out of my head...finally.

I have been feeling much better this week, and my mom has helped out a ton.  I'm just still very tired all the time, and not eating as much as I should, but that's okay.  There's an end in sight.

To make up for my lack of appetite, I've been juicing up a storm this week, with celery, broccoli, kale, cucumber and various other sprouts.  It's easier for me to drink stuff than eat sometimes! Kevin's been juicing up wheat grass for me (Clyde LOVES wheatgrass, too) and I've just been trying to get as much of this goodness in me as possible!  I want my immune system in tip top shape for the hospital.  

Even before all this happened with the meningioma, most of you know that I really do try and watch what I eat, to help manage the Crohn's and ankylosing.  Not that I'm perfect all the time. (But I did give up my Coca Cola habit about 4 years ago and have never looked back.)  I even just got an email today about a seminar from the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation on nutrition, diet, and managing Crohn's.  It makes a difference!  So, at least I have some previous experience tinkering with my diet and nutrition to help me prep for next Thursday.

That being said, I have a couple of great books that I'd like to share with everyone.  These books are awesome and provide insightful advice about how food can make a difference in your health.

Healing with Whole Foods: Paul Pitchford  (This was a great recommendation by my acupuncturist)

Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips: Kris Carr (Yes, the 'c' word is scary, but you know what?  It provides great overall insight into all things nutrition and how you can help your body - no matter what illness you are up against)
 
Peace,
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment