Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Bit of a Break

Some good news for today.  Kevin and I will be leaving tomorrow for Asheville, NC to stay at the Biltmore.  We're going to be driving (and when I say "we", I really mean Kevin!) and it will be nice to have a change of scenery.  We both need it!  Especially ahead of the big appointment with the radiation oncologist on Monday.  

I'll post some pictures, 'cause we're taking the computer with us.  It'll probably be pictures of Kevin alone ('cause I'll be sleeping!), or pictures of me taking a nap.  But that's okay.  We've got tickets for a couple of tours.  Hopefully I can make it through them.  But if I have to bow out early, then I just have to bow out early.  We're also looking forward to checking out Asheville.  They have some awesome restaurants that use all locally grown and organic food, so that should be cool to check out - if I can make it out of the hotel room!

I'm literally sleeping about 14-16 hours a day!  That's no exaggeration.  It's all from the Decadron withdrawal.  This drug sucks, as I've said before, but it's a necessary evil.  It looks like all my other symptoms (slight fever, extreme tiredness, joint and bone pain) are attributed to this withdrawal.  I guess after a person has taken decadron for 3 weeks, their adrenal glands shut down.  Weaning from decadron is like going through drug withdrawal.  It sucks!  But I just gotta stick it out and realize that it will get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment