Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Still exhuasted...but good news, too!

So, I'm still struggling with EXTREME tiredness.  In fact, I slept in until nearly Noon today! Impressive.  I had mono in high school, and had extreme tiredness.  But this is like 100 times worse.  I know that it's just something that I'm going to have to deal with, with my brain healing and all!  And I know that the radiation is just going to probably take the tiredness to an even higher level.  It's just so frustrating.  I called the nurse practitioner yesterday to let her know that in addition to tiredness, I was achy and had a slight fever.  She asked me if I had been "active" over the past couple of days.  So I was definitely busted!!  Lesson learned - I did WAY, WAY too much last week.  

She thought that the rest of the symptoms were normal, and she's going to keep in touch with me over the next couple of days.  She really didn't want to put me back on steriods, which is good.  So, this is officially the longest I've gone without steriods since the beginning of Feb.  I have a feeling some of this tiredness and achiness is attributed to weaning off the 'roids.  But this is good - and good for the healing process.  If I can just get through it.

But the good news is that the numbness on my left side is slowly getting much better.  I attribute this to my session on Friday with Jude.  My legs are almost completely better.  Just still dealing with two of my fingers on my left side and the left side of my back.

Another interesting note:  I keep noticing a clicking noise in my sinuses.  It doesn't hurt, it's just really funky.  Kevin found an entry on a great message board (meningioma mommas) that explains what it is.  Basically, it's caused by the plates and screws and the titanium mesh adjusting to the brain cavity filling in with cerebral spinal fluid.  Cool, huh?!


No comments:

Post a Comment