Thursday, March 5, 2009

Neurologist Follow Up Visit

It has been a GREAT afternoon.  First, I stopped in at the office to say 'hi' to all my colleagues, just to let them know that I was alive and kicking.  It was awesome to see everyone and let them know that I am truly on the road to recovery.  They been incredible through all of this and I thank each and every one of them for their continued support!!  It was awesome to see you guys!!

Then, Kevin and I headed off to the neurologist.  This guy is a trip.  I don't think that he recognized me at first.  He was just absolutely amazed at how well I was doing - considering how big the tumor was.  He's just chatting with us for like 20 minutes, asking how I was doing on the Keppra, and then was really kind of asking me if I was comfortable staying at the dose I was on.  I'm like, "you tell me what you think!"   Things are going well, so I'm not about to rock the boat, at least for now.  So, we agreed that I'll stay on the Keppra for about 6 months, and do an EEG soon and then re-evaluate whether I need to stay on it for longer.  Sounds like an excellent plan to me.

What's even better is that I am starting to get my dignity back.  He's totally fine with me driving.  (Don't worry, I'm not going to go crazy with the driving and I promised Kevin I wouldn't drive if I'm really tired- like I am after my big day out today!)  AND I can even start to do Yoga when I feel up to it.  How exciting!!!!

Oh, and you'll love this about the neurologist...he was wearing Prada loafers! 

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I bet it feels so good to get some normalcy back.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete