Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ghostbusters

When it's 9 PM and your husband discovers yellowish/greenish pus behind your ear, who ya gonna call?  Seriously, I've got so many different docs, it's sometimes hard to know.  

Do you call the neurosurgeon in Bloomington?  The one in Indy?  The Primary Care Physician? Or the Radiation Oncologist you met with today?

This was my scenario last night after my drama filled day.

Since it was so late, and I really didn't think this was totally urgent, I decided to email my most responsive doc - Dr. Henderson.  Who answered my email before midnight!

Long story short - I've probably got a small infection at the site of the proton beam marker on my right side ear. Even this morning, my lymph node back there is swollen.  And it still hurts.

Gotta go pick up some antibiotics and will be checked on Wednesday down in the Bloomington neurosurgeon office.  But it could explain my headaches!

Just another day post-meningioma surgery and pre-proton therapy!  

Seriously, everyone should feel bad for my husband, having to put up with all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment